Having in the head a sensation of whirling, with a tendency to fall; vertiginous; giddy; hence, confused; indistinct.
- Having a whirling sensation and a tendency to fall. See Synonyms at giddy.
- Bewildered or confused.
- Producing or tending to produce giddiness: a dizzy height.
- Caused by giddiness; reeling.
- Characterized by impulsive haste; very rapid: "The American language had begun its dizzy onward march before the Revolution” ( H.L. Mencken).
- Slang Scatterbrained or silly.
- To make dizzy.
- To confuse or bewilder.