Dominion; empire; authority.
- A territory over which rule or control is exercised.
- A sphere of activity, concern, or function; a field: the domain of history. See Synonyms at field.
- Physics Any of numerous contiguous regions in a ferromagnetic material in which the direction of spontaneous magnetization is uniform and different from that in neighboring regions.
- Law The land of one with paramount title and absolute ownership.
- Law Public domain.
- Mathematics The set of all possible values of an independent variable of a function.
- Mathematics An open connected set that contains at least one point.
- Biology Any of three primary divisions of living systems, consisting of the eukaryotes, bacteria, and archaea, that rank above a kingdom in taxonomic systems that are based on similarities of DNA sequences.
- Computer Science A group of networked computers that share a common communications address.