Two of the same kind; a pair; a couple.
- A close-fitting jacket, with or without sleeves, worn by European men between the 15th and 17th centuries.
- A pair of similar or identical things.
- A member of such a pair.
- Physics A multiplet with two members.
- Linguistics One of two words derived from the same historical source by different routes of transmission, such as skirt from Scandinavian and shirt from English.
- An imitation gem composed of two parts, as of an inferior stone layered beneath a precious gem.
- Games A throw of two dice in which the same number of dots appears on the upper face of each.