To draw off by degrees; to cause to flow gradually out or off; hence, to cause the exhaustion of.
- To draw off (a liquid) by a gradual process: drained water from the sink.
- To cause liquid to go out from; empty: drained the bathtub; drain the pond.
- To draw off the surface water of: The Mississippi River drains a vast area.
- To drink all the contents of: drained the cup.
- To deplete gradually, especially to the point of complete exhaustion. See Synonyms at deplete.
- To fatigue or spend emotionally or physically: The day's events completely drained me of all strength.
- To flow off or out: Gasoline drained slowly from the tilted can.
- To become empty by the drawing off of liquid: watched the tub slowly drain.
- To discharge surface or excess water: The Niagara River drains into Lake Ontario. When flooded, the swamp drains northward.
- To become gradually depleted; dwindle: felt his enthusiasm draining.
- A pipe or channel by which liquid is drawn off.
- Medicine A device, such as a tube, inserted into the opening of a wound or body cavity to facilitate discharge of fluid or purulent material.
- The act or process of draining.
- A gradual outflow or loss; consumption or depletion: the drain of young talent by emigration.
- Something that causes a gradual loss: interruptions that are a drain on my patience.
- down the drain To or into the condition of being wasted or lost: All of our best laid plans are down the drain.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഒഴുക്കിക്കളയുക - Ozhukkikkalayuka ;പണമോ ശക്തിയോ അധികാരമോ ഇല്ലാതാക്കുക - Panamo Shakthiyo Adhikaaramo Illaathaakkuka | Panamo Shakthiyo Adhikaramo Illathakkuka ;വെള്ളം വറ്റിക്കുക - Vellam Vattikkuka ;ഒലിച്ചുപോവുക - Olichupovuka ;ഒലിച്ചുപോവുക - Olichupovuka ;ഉണക്കുക - Unakkuka ;