To cover or adorn with drapery or folds of cloth, or as with drapery; as, to drape a bust, a building, etc.
- To cover, dress, or hang with or as if with cloth in loose folds: draped the coffin with a flag; a robe that draped her figure. See Synonyms at clothe.
- To arrange or let fall in loose folds: draping the banner from the balcony.
- To hang or rest limply: draped my legs over the chair.
- To fall or hang in loose folds: arranged the cloth to drape over the table legs.
- A drapery; a curtain.
- A cloth arranged over a patient's body during a medical examination or treatment or during surgery, designed to provide a sterile field around the area being examined or treated or around the operative incision.
- The way in which cloth falls or hangs: adjusted the drape of the gown.