To cause to drink; especially, to dose by force; to put a potion down the throat of, as of a horse; hence. to purge violently by physic.
- To wet through and through; soak.
- To administer a large oral dose of liquid medicine to (an animal).
- To provide with something in great abundance; surfeit: just drenched in money.
- The act of wetting or becoming wet through and through.
- Something that drenches: a drench of rain.
- A large dose of liquid medicine, especially one administered to an animal by pouring down the throat.