Free from moisture; having little humidity or none; arid; not wet or moist; deficient in the natural or normal supply of moisture, as rain or fluid of any kind; -- said especially:
- Free from liquid or moisture: changed to dry clothes.
- Having or characterized by little or no rain: a dry climate.
- Marked by the absence of natural or normal moisture: a dry month.
- Not under water: dry land.
- Having all the water or liquid drained away, evaporated, or exhausted: a dry river.
- No longer yielding liquid, especially milk: a dry cow.
- Lacking a mucous or watery discharge: a dry cough.
- Not shedding tears: dry sobs.
- Needing or desiring drink; thirsty: a dry mouth.
- No longer wet: The paint is dry.
- Of or relating to solid rather than liquid substances or commodities: dry weight.
- Not sweet as a result of the decomposition of sugar during fermentation. Used of wines.
- Having a large proportion of strong liquor to other ingredients: a dry martini.
- Eaten or served without butter, gravy, or other garnish: dry toast; dry meat.
- Having no adornment or coloration; plain: the dry facts.
- Devoid of bias or personal concern: presented a dry critique.
- Lacking tenderness, warmth, or involvement; severe: The actor gave a dry reading of the lines.
- Matter-of-fact or indifferent in manner: rattled off the facts in a dry mechanical tone.
- Wearisome; dull: a dry lecture filled with trivial details.
- Humorous or sarcastic in a shrewd, impersonal way: dry wit.
- Prohibiting or opposed to the sale or consumption of alcoholic beverages: a dry county.
- Unproductive of the expected results: a mind dry of new ideas.
- Constructed without mortar or cement: dry masonry.
- To remove the moisture from; make dry: laundry dried by the sun.
- To preserve (meat or other foods, for example) by extracting the moisture.
- To become dry: The sheets dried quickly in the sun.
- Informal A prohibitionist.
- dry out Informal To undergo a cure for alcoholism.
- dry up To make or become unproductive, especially to do so gradually.
- dry up Informal To stop talking.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മഴയില്ലാത്ത - Mazhayillaaththa | Mazhayillatha ;ഉണക്ക - Unakka ;ലഹരിപാനീയങ്ങളുടെ ഉപയോഗത്തെ തടയുന്ന - Laharipaaneeyangalude Upayogaththe Thadayunna | Laharipaneeyangalude Upayogathe Thadayunna ;ഉണങ്ങിയ - Unangiya ;പ്രച്ഛില - Prachchila ;ആറുക - Aaruka | aruka ;