Silent; mute; noiseless; as a dummy engine.
- An imitation of a real or original object, intended to be used as a practical substitute.
- A mannequin used in displaying clothes.
- A figure of a person or an animal manipulated by a ventriloquist.
- A stuffed or pasteboard figure used as a target.
- Football A heavy stuffed cylindrical bag used for blocking and tackling practice.
- A stupid person; a dolt.
- A silent or taciturn person.
- A person or an agency secretly in the service of another.
- Printing One of a set of model pages with text and illustrations pasted into place to direct the printer. Also called dummy page.
- Printing A set of bound blank pages used as a model to show the size and general appearance of a book being published.
- Games The partner in bridge who exposes his or her hand to be played by the declarer.
- Games The hand thus exposed.
- Computer Science A character or other piece of information entered into a computer only to meet prescribed conditions, such as word length, and having no effect on operations.
- Simulating or replacing something but lacking its function: a dummy pocket.
- Serving as a front or cover for another: a dummy corporation.
- Games Played with a dummy.
- Computer Science Entered or provided only to meet prescribed conditions: a dummy variable.
- Printing To make a model of (a publication or page).
- dummy up Slang To keep silence; clam up.