Able to endure or continue in a particular condition; lasting; not perishable or changeable; not wearing out or decaying soon; enduring; as, durable cloth; durable happiness.
- Capable of withstanding wear and tear or decay: a durable fabric.
- Able to perform or compete over a long period, as by avoiding or overcoming injuries: a durable fullback.
- Lasting; stable: a durable friendship.
- Economics Not depleted or consumed by use: durable goods.
- Economics A manufactured product, such as an automobile or a household appliance, that can be used over a relatively long period without being depleted or consumed. Often used in the plural.