To chew and swallow as food; to devour; -- said especially of food not liquid; as, to eat bread.
- To take into the body by the mouth for digestion or absorption.
- To take in and absorb as food: a plant that eats insects; a cell that eats bacteria.
- To include habitually or by preference in one's diet: a bird that eats insects, fruit, and seeds; stopped eating red meat on advice from her doctor.
- To destroy, ravage, or use up by or as if by ingesting: "Covering news in the field eats money” ( George F. Will).
- To erode or corrode: waves that ate away the beach; an acid that eats the surface of a machine part.
- To produce by or as if by eating: Moths ate holes in our sweaters.
- Slang To absorb the cost or expense of: "You can eat your loss and switch the remaining money to other investment portfolios” ( Marlys Harris).
- Informal To bother or annoy: What's eating him?
- Vulgar Slang To perform cunnilingus on. Often used with out.
- To consume food.
- To have or take a meal.
- To exercise a consuming or eroding effect: a drill that ate away at the rock; exorbitant expenses that were eating into profits.
- To cause persistent annoyance or distress: "How long will it be before the frustration eats at you?” ( Howard Kaplan).
- eat up Slang To receive or enjoy enthusiastically or avidly: She really eats up the publicity.
- eat up Slang To believe without question: He'll eat up whatever the broker tells him.
- eat crow To be forced to accept a humiliating defeat.
- eat (one's) heart out To feel bitter anguish or grief.
- eat (one's) heart out To be consumed by jealousy.
- eat (one's) words To retract something that one has said.
- eat out of (someone's) hand To be manipulated or dominated by another.
- eat (someone) alive Slang To overwhelm or defeat thoroughly: an inexperienced manager who was eaten alive in a competitive corporate environment.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഭുജിക്കുക - Bhujikkuka ;ഭക്ഷിക്കുക - ഭക്ഷിക്കുക ;ഉണ്ണുക - Unnuka ;ഇല്ലാതാകുക - Illaathaakuka | Illathakuka ;ഞണ്ണുക - Njannuka ;കരണ്ടു തിന്നുക - Karandu Thinnuka ;