The joint or bend of the arm; the outer curve in the middle of the arm when bent.
- The joint or bend of the arm between the forearm and the upper arm.
- The bony outer projection of this joint.
- A joint, as of a bird or quadruped, corresponding to the human elbow.
- Something having a bend or angle similar to an elbow, especially:
- A length of pipe with a sharp bend in it.
- A sharp bend in a river or road.
- To push, jostle, or shove with the elbow: elbowed me in the ribs to get me to stop laughing.
- To open up (a means of passage, for example) by or as if by use of the elbow: elbowed her way through the crowd.
- To make one's way by pushing with the elbow.
- To turn at an angle; bend: The lane elbows to the left.
- at (one's) elbow Close at hand; nearby.
- out at the elbows Poorly dressed.
- out at the elbows Lacking money.