One who, or that which, raises or lifts up anything
- A platform or an enclosure raised and lowered in a vertical shaft to transport people or freight.
- The enclosure or platform with its operating equipment, motor, cables, and accessories.
- A movable control surface, usually attached to the horizontal stabilizer of an aircraft, that is used to produce motion up or down.
- A mechanism, often with buckets or scoops attached to a conveyor, used for hoisting materials.
- A granary equipped with devices for hoisting and discharging grain.