A variety of glass, used in ornament, to cover a surface, as of metal or pottery, and admitting of after decoration in color, or used itself for inlaying or application in varied colors.
- A vitreous, usually opaque, protective or decorative coating baked on metal, glass, or ceramic ware.
- An object having such a coating, as in a piece of cloisonné.
- A coating that dries to a hard glossy finish: nail enamel.
- A paint that dries to a hard glossy finish.
- Anatomy The hard, calcareous substance covering the exposed portion of a tooth.
- To coat, inlay, or decorate with enamel.
- To give a glossy or brilliant surface to.
- To adorn with a brightly colored surface.