To make empty; to empty out; to remove the contents of; as, to evacuate a vessel or dish.
- To empty or remove the contents of.
- To create a vacuum in.
- To excrete or discharge waste matter from (the bowel, for example).
- To relinquish military possession or occupation of (a town, for example).
- To withdraw or send away (troops or inhabitants) from a threatened area.
- To withdraw or depart from; vacate.
- To withdraw from or vacate a place or area, especially as a protective measure.
- To excrete waste matter from the body.