Contained in, or relating to, the four Gospels; as, the evangelical history.
- Of, relating to, or in accordance with the Christian gospel, especially one of the four gospel books of the New Testament.
- Of, relating to, or being a Protestant church that founds its teaching on the gospel.
- Of, relating to, or being a Christian church believing in the sole authority and inerrancy of the Bible, in salvation only through regeneration, and in a spiritually transformed personal life.
- Of or relating to the Lutheran churches in Germany and Switzerland.
- Of or relating to all Protestant churches in Germany.
- Of or relating to the group in the Church of England that stresses personal conversion and salvation by faith.
- Characterized by ardent or crusading enthusiasm; zealous: an evangelical liberal.
- A member of an evangelical church or party.