To unfold or unroll; to open and expand; to disentangle and exhibit clearly and satisfactorily; to develop; to derive; to educe.
- To develop or achieve gradually: evolve a style of one's own.
- To work (something) out; devise: "the schemes he evolved to line his purse” ( S.J. Perelman).
- Biology To develop (a characteristic) by evolutionary processes.
- To give off; emit.
- To undergo gradual change; develop: an amateur acting group that evolved into a theatrical company.
- Biology To develop or arise through evolutionary processes.