The act of executing; a carrying into effect or to completion; performance; achievement; consummation; as, the execution of a plan, a work, etc.
- The act of executing something.
- The state of being executed.
- The manner, style, or result of performance: The plan was sound; its execution, faulty.
- The act or an instance of putting to death or being put to death as a lawful penalty.
- Law The carrying into effect of a court judgment.
- Law A writ empowering an officer to enforce a judgment.
- Law Validation of a legal document by the performance of all necessary formalities.
- Archaic Effective, punitive, or destructive action.