The state of existing or being; actual possession of being; continuance in being; as, the existence of body and of soul in union; the separate existence of the soul; immortal existence.
- The fact or state of existing; being.
- The fact or state of continued being; life: our brief existence on Earth.
- All that exists: sang the beauty of all existence.
- A thing that exists; an entity.
- A mode or manner of existing: scratched out a meager existence.
- Specific presence; occurrence: The Geiger counter indicated the existence of radioactivity.