To carry away; to remove.
- To send or transport (a commodity, for example) abroad, especially for trade or sale.
- To cause the spread of (an idea, for example) in another part of the world; transmit.
- Computer Science To send (data) from one program to another: "You'll need to export your spreadsheet file into a desktop publishing program” ( Jon Pepper).
- Computer Science To use an application to store (data) on disk, usually for use by another program.
- To send or transport abroad merchandise, especially for sale or trade.