The act of exposing or laying open; a setting out or displaying to public view.
- A setting forth of meaning or intent.
- A statement or rhetorical discourse intended to give information about or an explanation of difficult material.
- The art or technique of composing such discourses.
- Music The first part of a composition in sonata form that introduces the themes.
- Music The opening section of a fugue.
- The part of a play that provides the background information needed to understand the characters and the action.
- An act or example of exposing.
- A public exhibition or show, as of artistic or industrial developments.