- The range, magnitude, or distance over which a thing extends: landowners unaware of the extent of their own holdings.
- The degree to which a thing extends: prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- An extensive space or area: an extent of desert.
- Law A writ allowing a creditor to assume temporary ownership of a debtor's property.
- Law In Great Britain, a writ allowing a creditor to seize a debtor's property temporarily.
- Law The seizure in execution of such a writ.
- Archaic An assessment or valuation, as of land in Britain, especially for taxation.