One of the circles or windings of a cable or hawser, as it lies in a coil; a single turn or coil.
- Having a false or misleading appearance; fraudulent.
- One that is not authentic or genuine; a sham.
- Sports A brief feint or aborted change of direction intended to mislead one's opponent or the opposing team.
- To contrive and present as genuine; counterfeit.
- To simulate; feign.
- Music To improvise (a passage).
- Sports To deceive (an opponent) with a fake. Often used with out.
- To engage in feigning, simulation, or other deceptive activity.
- Sports To perform a fake.
- One loop or winding of a coiled rope or cable.
- To coil (a rope or cable).