An instrument used for producing artificial currents of air, by the wafting or revolving motion of a broad surface
- A device for creating a current of air or a breeze, especially:
- A machine using an electric motor to rotate thin, rigid vanes in order to move air, as for cooling.
- A collapsible, usually wedge-shaped device made of a light material such as silk, paper, or plastic.
- A machine for winnowing.
- Something resembling an open fan in shape: a peacock's fan.
- To move or cause a current of (air) with or as if with a fan.
- To direct a current of air or a breeze upon, especially in order to cool: fan one's face.
- To stir (something) up by or as if by fanning: fanned the flames in the fireplace; a troublemaker who fanned resentment among the staff.
- To open (something) out into the shape of a fan: The bird fanned its colorful tail.
- To fire (an automatic gun) in a continuous sweep by keeping one's finger on the trigger.
- To fire (a nonautomatic gun) rapidly by chopping the hammer with the palm.
- To winnow.
- Baseball To strike out (a batter).
- To spread out like a fan: The troops fanned out from the beachhead.
- Baseball To strike out.
- An ardent devotee; an enthusiast.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വ്യജനം - Vyajanam ;വിശറി - Vishari ;പ്രസിദ്ധ - Prasiddha | Prasidha ;വീശുപാള - Veeshupaala | Veeshupala ;ഉത്തേജിപ്പിക്കുക - Uththejippikkuka | Uthejippikkuka ;വീശുക - Veeshuka ;