Fancy; imagination; especially, a whimsical or fanciful conception; a vagary of the imagination; whim; caprice; humor.
- The creative imagination; unrestrained fancy. See Synonyms at imagination.
- Something, such as an invention, that is a creation of the fancy.
- A capricious or fantastic idea; a conceit.
- Fiction characterized by highly fanciful or supernatural elements.
- An example of such fiction.
- An imagined event or sequence of mental images, such as a daydream, usually fulfilling a wish or psychological need.
- An unrealistic or improbable supposition.
- Music See fantasia.
- A coin issued especially by a questionable authority and not intended for use as currency.
- Obsolete A hallucination.
- To imagine; visualize.