Pertaining to a league or treaty; derived from an agreement or covenant between parties, especially between nations; constituted by a compact between parties, usually governments or their representatives.
- Of, relating to, or being a form of government in which a union of states recognizes the sovereignty of a central authority while retaining certain residual powers of government.
- Of or constituting a form of government in which sovereign power is divided between a central authority and a number of constituent political units.
- Of or relating to the central government of a federation as distinct from the governments of its member units.
- Favorable to or advocating federation: The senator's federal leanings were well known.
- Relating to or formed by a treaty or compact between constituent political units.
- Of, relating to, or supporting Federalism or the Federalist Party.
- Of, relating to, or loyal to the Union cause during the American Civil War.
- Of, relating to, or being the central government of the United States.
- Relating to or characteristic of a style of architecture, furniture, and decoration produced in the United States especially in the late 18th and early 19th centuries and characterized by adaptations of classical forms combined with typically American motifs.
- A supporter of the Union during the American Civil War, especially a Union soldier.
- A Federalist.
- A federal agent or official.