The state or relation of being or associate.
- The condition of sharing similar interests, ideals, or experiences, as by reason of profession, religion, or nationality.
- The companionship of individuals in a congenial atmosphere and on equal terms.
- A close association of friends or equals sharing similar interests.
- Friendship; comradeship.
- The financial grant made to a fellow in a college or university.
- The status of having been awarded such a grant.
- A foundation established for the awarding of such a grant.