Not many; small, limited, or confined in number; -- indicating a small portion of units or individuals constituing a whole; often, by ellipsis of a noun, a few people.
- Amounting to or consisting of a small number: one of my few bad habits.
- Being more than one but indefinitely small in number: bowled a few strings.
- An indefinitely small number of persons or things: A few of the books have torn jackets.
- An exclusive or limited number: the discerning few; the fortunate few.
- A small number of persons or things: "For many are called, but few are chosen” ( Matthew 22:14).