The act of feigning, inventing, or imagining; as, by a mere fiction of the mind.
- An imaginative creation or a pretense that does not represent actuality but has been invented.
- The act of inventing such a creation or pretense.
- A lie.
- A literary work whose content is produced by the imagination and is not necessarily based on fact.
- The category of literature comprising works of this kind, including novels and short stories.
- Law Something untrue that is intentionally represented as true by the narrator.