One who, or that which, fills; something used for filling.
- One that fills, as:
- Something added to augment weight or size or fill space.
- A composition, especially a semisolid that hardens on drying, used to fill pores, cracks, or holes in wood, plaster, or other construction surfaces before finishing.
- Tobacco used to form the body of a cigar.
- A short item used to fill space in a publication.
- Something, such as a news item, public-service message, or music, used to fill time in a radio or television presentation.
- A sheaf of loose papers used to fill a notebook or binder.
- Architecture An element, such as a plate, used to fill the space between two supporting members.
- See Table at currency.