To carve or cut up, as a chub.
- A membranous appendage extending from the body of a fish or other aquatic animal, used for propelling, steering, or balancing the body in the water.
- Something resembling a fin in shape or function, as:
- A fixed or movable airfoil used to stabilize an aircraft, missile, or projectile in flight.
- A thin, usually curved projection attached to the rear bottom of a surfboard for stability.
- A projecting vane used for cooling, as on a radiator or an engine cylinder.
- See tail fin.
- See flipper.
- To equip with fins.
- To emerge with the fins above water.
- To swim, as a fish.
- To lash the water with the fins. Used of a dying whale.
- Slang A five-dollar bill.