The income of a ruler or of a state; revenue; public money; sometimes, the income of an individual; often used in the plural for funds; available money; resources.
- The science of the management of money and other assets.
- The management of money, banking, investments, and credit.
- Monetary resources; funds, especially those of a government or corporate body.
- The supplying of funds or capital.
- To provide or raise the funds or capital for: financed a new car.
- To supply funds to: financing a daughter through law school.
- To furnish credit to.