Subtilty of contrivance to gain a point; artifice; stratagem.
- Refinement and delicacy of performance, execution, or artisanship.
- Skillful, subtle handling of a situation; tactful, diplomatic maneuvering.
- A method of leading up to a tenace, as in bridge, in order to prevent an opponent from winning the trick with an intermediate card.
- A stratagem in which one appears to decline an advantage.
- To accomplish by the use of finesse.
- To handle with a deceptive or evasive strategy.
- To play (a card) as a finesse.
- To use finesse.
- To make a finesse in cards.