Having a limit; limited in quantity, degree, or capacity; bounded; -- opposed to infinite; as, finite number; finite existence; a finite being; a finite mind; finite duration.
- Having bounds; limited: a finite list of choices; our finite fossil fuel reserves.
- Existing, persisting, or enduring for a limited time only; impermanent.
- Mathematics Being neither infinite nor infinitesimal.
- Mathematics Having a positive or negative numerical value; not zero.
- Mathematics Possible to reach or exceed by counting. Used of a number.
- Mathematics Having a limited number of elements. Used of a set.
- Grammar Of or relating to any of the forms of a verb that can occur on their own in a main clause and that can formally express distinctions in person, number, tense, mood, and voice, often by means of conjugation, as the verb sees in She sees the sign.
- A finite thing.