That which is fixed or attached to something as a permanent appendage; as, the fixtures of a pump; the fixtures of a farm or of a dwelling, that is, the articles which a tenant may not take away.
- Something securely fixed in place.
- Something attached as a permanent appendage, apparatus, or appliance: plumbing fixtures.
- Law A chattel bound to realty.
- One that is invariably present in and long associated with a place: a journalist who became a Washington fixture.
- The act or process of fixing.
- The condition of being fixed.