A paling; a hurdle.
- A flat thin piece or layer; a chip.
- Archaeology A stone fragment removed from a core or from another flake by percussion or pressure, serving as a preform or as a tool or blade itself.
- A small piece; a bit.
- A small crystalline bit of snow.
- Slang A somewhat eccentric person; an oddball.
- Slang Cocaine.
- To remove a flake or flakes from; chip.
- To cover, mark, or overlay with or as if with flakes.
- To come off in flat thin pieces or layers; chip off.
- flake out Slang To fall asleep or collapse from fatigue or exhaustion.
- flake out Slang To act in an odd or eccentric manner.
- flake out Slang To lose interest or nerve.
- A frame or platform for drying fish or produce.
- A scaffold lowered over the side of a ship to support workers or caulkers.