Anything broad and limber that hangs loose, or that is attached by one side or end and is easily moved; as, the flap of a garment.
- A flat, usually thin piece attached at only one side.
- A projecting or hanging piece usually intended to double over and protect or cover: the flap of an envelope.
- The act of waving or fluttering: the flap of the flag in the wind.
- The sound produced by this motion.
- A blow given with something flat; a slap.
- A variable control surface on the trailing edge of an aircraft wing, used primarily to increase lift or drag.
- Either of the folded ends of a book jacket that fit inside the front and back covers.
- Medicine Tissue that has been partially detached and used in surgical grafting to fill an adjacent defect or cover the cut end of a bone after amputation.
- Linguistics A sound articulated by a single, quick touch of the tongue against the teeth or alveolar ridge, as (t) in water. Also called tap1.
- Informal A commotion or disturbance: a flap in Congress over the defense budget.
- To wave (the arms, for example) up and down.
- To cause to move or sway with a fluttering or waving motion.
- To hit with something broad and flat; slap.
- Informal To fling down; toss.
- To move or sway while fixed at one edge or corner; flutter: banners flapping in the breeze.
- To wave arms or wings up and down.
- To fly by beating the air with the wings.
- Informal To become upset or flustered.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ആടുക - Aaduka | aduka ;ഇളക്കം - Ilakkam ;കുടച്ചല് ശബ്ദം - Kudachal Shabdham ;ചിറക് - Chiraku ;ചെവി വട്ടംപിടിക്കുക - Chevi Vattampidikkuka ;സംഭ്രമം - Sambhramam ;