A crack or breach; a gap or fissure; a defect of continuity or cohesion; as, a flaw in a knife or a vase.
- An imperfection, often concealed, that impairs soundness: a flaw in the crystal that caused it to shatter. See Synonyms at blemish.
- A defect or shortcoming in something intangible: They share the character flaw of arrogance.
- A defect in a legal document that can render it invalid.
- To make or become defective.
- A brief gust or blast of wind.
- A passing storm; a squall.
- Obsolete A burst of passion.