To whip lightly or with a quick jerk; to flap; as, to flick a horse; to flick the dirt from boots.
- A light quick blow, jerk, or touch: a flick of the wrist; gave my horse a flick with the reins.
- The sound accompanying this motion.
- A light splash, dash, or daub.
- To touch or hit with a light quick blow: flicked him with his hand. See Synonyms at brush1.
- To cause to move with a light blow; snap: flicked the light switch on.
- To remove with a light quick blow: flicked the lint off the coat.
- To twitch or flutter.
- Slang A movie.