To cast, send, to throw from the hand; to hurl; to dart; to emit with violence as if thrown from the hand; as, to fing a stone into the pond.
- To throw with violence: flung the dish against the wall. See Synonyms at throw.
- To put or send suddenly or unexpectedly: troops that were flung into battle.
- To throw (oneself) into an activity with abandon and energy.
- To cast aside; discard: fling propriety away.
- To move quickly, violently, or impulsively.
- The act of flinging.
- A brief period of indulging one's impulses. See Synonyms at binge.
- Informal A usually brief attempt or effort: You take a fling at it.
- A brief sexual or romantic relationship.