Buoyed upon or in a fluid; a, the floating timbers of a wreck; floating motes in the air.
- Buoyed on or suspended in or as if in a fluid.
- Not secured in place; unattached.
- Inclined to move or be moved about: a floating meeting; floating crap games.
- Economics Available for use; in circulation. Used of capital.
- Economics Short-term and usually unfunded. Used of a debt.
- Designed or constructed to operate smoothly and without vibration.
- Of or relating to an organ of the body that is movable or out of normal position: a floating kidney.