A musical wind instrument, consisting of a hollow cylinder or pipe, with holes along its length, stopped by the fingers or by keys which are opened by the fingers. The modern flute is closed at the upper end, and blown with the mouth at a lateral hole.
- Music A high-pitched woodwind instrument consisting of a slender tube closed at one end with keys and finger holes on the side and an opening near the closed end across which the breath is blown. Also called transverse flute.
- Music Any of various similar reedless woodwind instruments, such as the recorder.
- Music An organ stop whose flue pipe produces a flutelike tone.
- Architecture A long, usually rounded groove incised as a decorative motif on the shaft of a column, for example.
- A similar groove or furrow, as in a pleated ruffle of cloth or on a piece of furniture.
- A tall narrow wineglass, often used for champagne.
- Music To play (a tune) on a flute.
- To produce in a flutelike tone.
- To make flutes in (a column, for example).
- Music To play a flute.
- To sing, whistle, or speak with a flutelike tone.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മുഖവാദ്യം - Mukhavaadhyam | Mukhavadhyam ;ചൂണമിട്ടു പാടുക - Choonamittu Paaduka | Choonamittu Paduka ;ഓടക്കുഴല് - Odakkuzhal ;ഓടക്കുഴൽ - Odakkuzhal ;വേണു - Venu ;പുല്ലാങ്കുഴൽ - Pullaankuzhal | Pullankuzhal ;