In Anglo-Saxon times, the people of a group of townships or villages; a community; a tribe.
- The common people of a society or region considered as the representatives of a traditional way of life and especially as the originators or carriers of the customs, beliefs, and arts that make up a distinctive culture: a leader who came from the folk.
- Archaic A nation; a people.
- Informal People in general. Often used in the plural: Folks around here are very friendly.
- People of a specified group or kind. Often used in the plural: city folks; rich folk.
- Informal The members of one's family or childhood household; one's relatives.
- Informal One's parents: My folks are coming for a visit.
- Of, occurring in, or originating among the common people: folk culture; a folk hero.
- just folks Informal Down-to-earth, open-hearted.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
നാടോടിയായ - Naadodiyaaya | Nadodiyaya ;ജനത - Janatha ;നാടോടിയായ - Naadodiyaaya | Nadodiyaya ;സമൂഹം - Samooham ;a kind of folk art north kerala തേയത്തുകളി - a Kind Of Folk Art North Kerala Theyaththukali | a Kind Of Folk Art North Kerala Theyathukali ;സ്വന്തക്കാര് - Svanthakkaaru | swanthakkaru ;