In the most general sense, indicating that in consideration of, in view of, or with reference to, which anything is done or takes place.
- Used to indicate the object, aim, or purpose of an action or activity: trained for the ministry; put the house up for sale; plans to run for senator.
- Used to indicate a destination: headed off for town.
- Used to indicate the object of a desire, intention, or perception: had a nose for news; eager for success.
- Used to indicate the recipient or beneficiary of an action: prepared lunch for us.
- On behalf of: spoke for all the members.
- In favor of: Were they for or against the proposal?
- In place of: a substitute for eggs.
- Used to indicate equivalence or equality: paid ten dollars for a ticket; repeated the conversation word for word.
- Used to indicate correlation or correspondence: took two steps back for every step forward.
- Used to indicate amount, extent, or duration: a bill for five dollars; walked for miles; stood in line for an hour.
- Used to indicate a specific time: had an appointment for two o'clock.
- Used to indicate a number of attempts: shot three for four from the foul line.
- As being: take for granted; mistook me for the librarian.
- Used to indicate an actual or implied listing or choosing: For one thing, we can't afford it.
- As a result of; because of: jumped for joy.
- Used to indicate appropriateness or suitability: It will be for the judge to decide.
- Notwithstanding; despite: For all the problems, it was a valuable experience.
- As regards; concerning: a stickler for neatness.
- Considering the nature or usual character of: was spry for his advanced age.
- In honor of: named for her grandmother.
- Because; since.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പരിതഃസ്ഥിതികളെ കണക്കിലെടുത്തുകൊണ്ട് - Parithasthithikale Kanakkileduththukondu | Parithasthithikale Kanakkileduthukondu ;കൂടെ - Koode ;ആശിപ്പിക്കുക - Aashippikkuka | ashippikkuka ;അനുരൂപമായി - Anuroopamaayi | Anuroopamayi ;എന്നുവരികിലും - Ennuvarikilum ;അനുകൂലമായി - Anukoolamaayi | Anukoolamayi ;