The shape and size of a book; hence, its external form.
- A plan for the organization and arrangement of a specified production.
- The material form or layout of a publication.
- Computer Science The arrangement of data for storage or display.
- Computer Science A method for achieving such an arrangement.
- To plan or arrange in a specified form: They formatted the conference so that each speaker had less than 15 minutes to deliver a paper.
- Computer Science To divide (a disk) into marked sectors so that it may store data.
- Computer Science To determine the arrangement of (data) for storage or display.