A market place or public place in Rome, where causes were judicially tried, and orations delivered to the people.
- The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
- A public meeting place for open discussion.
- A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.
- A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
- A court of law; a tribunal.