Exemption from constraint or oppression; freedom; liberty.
- A privilege or right officially granted a person or a group by a government, especially:
- The constitutional or statutory right to vote.
- The establishment of a corporation's existence.
- The granting of certain rights and powers to a corporation.
- Legal immunity from servitude, certain burdens, or other restrictions.
- Authorization granted to someone to sell or distribute a company's goods or services in a certain area.
- A business or group of businesses established or operated under such authorization.
- A brand name under which a series of products is released.
- The territory or limits within which immunity, a privilege, or a right may be exercised.
- A professional sports team.
- To grant a franchise to.