Having the temper and disposition of a friend; disposed to promote the good of another; kind; favorable.
- Of, relating to, or befitting a friend: friendly advice.
- Favorably disposed; not antagonistic: a government friendly to our interests.
- Warm; comforting.
- Informal Easy to understand or use for a specified agent. Often used in combination: a reader-friendly novel; a consumer-friendly policy.
- In the manner of a friend; amicably.
- Informal One fighting on or favorable to one's own side: "If I read this right, you're the only friendly we have there right now” ( Tom Clancy).