The solemn rites used in the disposition of a dead human body, whether such disposition be by interment, burning, or otherwise; esp., the ceremony or solemnization of interment; obsequies; burial; -- formerly used in the plural.
- A ceremony or group of ceremonies held in connection with the burial or cremation of a dead person.
- Archaic The eulogy delivered or the sermon preached at such a ceremony.
- The burial procession accompanying a body to the grave.
- An end or a cessation of existence.
- Slang A source of concern or care: If he doesn't meet the deadline, it's his funeral.
- Of, relating to, or resembling a funeral.