Pertaining to, or characterized by, great fear, or funking.
- Frightened; panicky.
- Having a moldy or musty smell: funky cheese; funky cellars.
- Having a strong, offensive, unwashed odor.
- Music Of or relating to music that has an earthy quality reminiscent of the blues.
- Music Combining elements of jazz, blues, and soul and characterized by syncopated rhythm and a heavy, repetitive bass line.
- Slang Earthy and uncomplicated; natural: "At the opposite end of Dallas's culinary spectrum is funky regional fare” ( Jacqueline Friedrich).
- Slang Characterized by originality and modishness; unconventional: "a bizarre, funky [hotel ] dressed up as a ship, with mock portholes and mirrored ceilings over the beds” ( Ann Louise Bardach).
- Slang Outlandishly vulgar or eccentric in a humorous or tongue-in-cheek manner; campy: "funky caricatures of sexpot glamour” ( Pauline Kael).