Showy; splendid; magnificent; gay; well- dressed.
- Smartly or boldly stylish; dashing: a gallant feathered hat; cut a gallant figure at the coronation.
- Unflinching in battle or action; valiant: put up a gallant resistance to the attackers.
- Nobly or selflessly resolute: made a gallant attempt to save his friend's reputation.
- Stately; majestic.
- Courteously attentive especially to women; chivalrous.
- Flirtatious; amorous.
- A fashionable young man.
- A man courteously attentive to women.
- A woman's lover; a paramour.
- To woo or pay court to (a lady).
- To play the gallant.